Waxing | Hair Removal
All people, especially manly men and feminine women, pray for flawless, glowing and sparkling skin. The secrets to having such skin has already been revealed and so hundreds of people today give their best efforts to obtain flawless skin that can shine their beauty. Waxing is one of the most effective ways to make the flawless skin come to reality.
Introduction of Wax and Treatment Areas:
Waxing is one method of depilation. It can remove the entire hair shaft from the root of the skin’s surface. Soy wax is one of the most effective methods for semi-permanent (temporary) hair removal.
Waxing is an effective process of removing unwanted hair in both large and small areas, such as:
- Full Face
- Full Body
However, you should strictly avoid the eyelashes and eyelids. There are many types of waxing techniques, but you can gain more effective results in a salon.
Waxing is classified into two in the index of thickness: Soft Wax and Hard Wax.
- Soft Wax: It is also called “Strip Wax”. It is performed by applying a wax gradually over the skin. A paper strip is applied and pressed firmly before quickly ripping against the direction of hair growth.
- Hard Wax: It’s other name being “strip-less wax” or “Hot Wax”. It is performed by applying a wax thickly over the skin with no paper strip or cloth. After the wax is hardened, it can easily be removed by your esthetician.
Dermatologists Recommend the Following Tips for Maximum Results:
Ensure optimal hair length: Your hair should be about one-fourth to three-fourths of an inch long. If hair is longer, trim it to a shorter length so that waxing will be less messy and painful.
- Avoid retinol creams: You have to avoid using over-the-counter skin care products containing retinol and prescription retinoids two to five days before waxing.
- Reduce discomfort: As waxing can be painful for some people. To reduce discomfort, you can consider these two ways. Number one, Taking over-the-counter pain medication, such as ibuprofen. And number two, applying cold packs to the skin about 30 minutes before waxing.
- Wash and dry the area: Gently wash (skin care products) and dry your skin thoroughly which you’re about to wax to remove dirt, dead skin cells. You know, Clean, dry skin allows the wax to adhere properly.
- Warm wax: If you want to apply hot wax, in that case, follow the directions on the package. Before use, test the temperature of the wax by applying a small amount. It should be warm, but not hurt or burn your skin. Remember this.
- Apply the wax: Apply the wax to a small section of your skin and always spread the wax in the direction of hair growth.
- Apply the cloth strip: After the wax is applied, place the cloth strip over the wax and press down firmly, pull it after two to three seconds.
- Remove the cloth strip: Hold your skin taut with one hand and use your other hand to quickly pull off the cloth. Always drag it in the opposite direction of hair growth. If you’re waxing a tricky spot to reach, such as the underarms, call a friend or someone who can help you out.
- Soothe your skin: Applying cold packs effectively soothe your skin, if you have pain you should avoid hot baths and showers. And finally, wearing loose clothing and applying moisturizer.
Sugar Wax / Sugaring Hair Removal
Egyptian and Greek women have used sugaring (sugar wax) for centuries. Sugaring is a painless process compared to the traditional waxing process as it removes the hair with the sugar binds, not the skin.
The paste is made from a combination of sugar, honey, water, and lemon juice. If you have sensitive skin, this may be perfect for you because the sugar acts as an exfoliant for the skin, adding even more softness. Additionally, lemon contains vitamin C that deeply nourishes your skin. Health Services at Columbia University reported that the result remains six to eight weeks.
The Pros and Cons of Sugaring
- It can take a large amount of hair at once. Just apply them to a limited area, remove, go to your next area, remove, and so forth. You can speed up by applying the paste to a very large area.
- Sugaring paste and gel are water soluble, meaning you can clean off any residue left on the skin with general water.
- Multiple uses of sugaring can damage hair follicle and stop them growing.
Threading is an ancient hair removal technique. First discovered in Asia. A piece of coated thread used with anti-bacterial wax. Then it’s twisted in the hands of the professional, to create a mini-lasso. It can remove the hairs quickly and directly from the follicles.
A bikini wax removes the hair along the bikini line. It ensures that when you’re in your bikini bottoms, you do not have to worry about any hair outside of the lines of your bikini.
Bikini Wax Styles
- Au natural: There is nothing wrong with leaving things down there 100% natural.
- Bikini line touches up: A tidy up around the edges. It adds a little more definition.
- Full bikini line wax: Similar to above, just add little more of a neaten up around the top and sides of your hairs.
- French wax: Like a Brazilian as most of the hair is taken from around the front and sides, but the middle (labia) and around the back is left alone.
- Brazilian wax (the Bermuda triangle): In Brazilian style, you can ask for whatever shape you like. The most popular option is the Bermuda triangle. It resembles a traditional bikini line wax but minus the fluff on your labia and bum.
- The love heart: You can ask for the shapes like the love heart.
- The Hollywood: In this style, there is no hair remaining and totally neat and clean.
- Brazilian wax (the desert island): It looks like, the desert island leaves a small floating triangle on the pubic bone.
Skin health: It removes hair, lifeless surface skin cells, so you’re receiving hair removal and skincare all in one.
Smoother skin: As it’s removing hair from the root so you’ll probably find that your skin is now among the smoothest things in your life.
Longer-lasting results: It will take much longer to grow back than with shaving.
Thinner and finer hair: After waxing, hair will grow back weaker, finer, softer and sparser.
Minimal irritation: It will give the result with minimal irritation to the skin.
A Brazilian Wax removes all of your hair and lasts longer than a regular bikini wax.
Upper Lip Hair Removal
Facial hair is normal for both men and women, but when it became noticeable especially for women it can be quite embarrassing. Every girl or woman wishes to remove the hair on the upper lip.
Beside wax, so many ways to remove upper lip hair, one of them is hair removal creams (Veet).
Veet: Available in the supermarkets, very easy to use. Although the smell is not overly pleasant, you only need to have it on for a few minutes.
Wax is helpful for men also. Especially chest hair removal.
Gorgeously groomed eyebrows can transform your face and reveal a more confident you.
Eyebrow Shaping and Waxing Techniques:
- Square: For square faces, sharp angles naturally, or softly angled brow will create gorgeous balance.
- Round: Basically for round faces, sharp-angled brows with a high arch look best and it creates defined lines that are flattering.
- Long or Oval: Whom have soft arches or a flat brow, particularly long or oval faces have it. And it can elongate the face.
- Heart-Shaped: It looks best with a natural, soft-angled arch. It produces the right attention to the upper half of the face.
What is Carnauba Wax
Carnauba wax is the wax taken from the leaves of Copernicia prunifera tree. Leaves the wax naturally in order to protect the fronds and aid the plant’s hydration in the arid conditions found in northeastern Brazil.
Wax helps us to remove unwanted hair both men and women since the ancient ages. So it is tested, using this method and achieves shiny, hairless skin.